Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tatoos - Cape Cod 8-24-09

Tattoos are everywhere. On arms, necks, back, calves and more. People are generally proud of their selection of designs from young and old. Surprisingly they are also happy to have a snap shot taken of their tats.


Here are a few I ran across in Cape Cod

Dana (8-24-09) was delighted when she saw Anya smiling and laughing in the grocery cart at the Stop and Shop in the town of Orleans.














Bob – 8-25-09 We met Bob in WellFleet while walking down the narrow sidewalks looking at the shops in refurbished houses. He had a black panther on his arm. As a older guy his tattoo had been there for quite a while.














Ky…. 8-26-09 (forgot his interesting unusual name) was leaning against a staircase on P-Town (Provincetown). One arm was more colorful and swirled up than his other.




Scott - 8-26-09 - At Nauset Light Beach Scott was waiting at the landing overlooking the beach. He had bright red hair and was happy to have be photograph his older tat of yin/yang as the cap of a skull with a bolt of lightening.













Jordon (8-26-09) stopped using his cell phone long enough to pose. He was an Army Airborne paratrooper. His tat said “Death before Dishonor. The other arm was flames with Chinese or Japanese symbols. Handsome guy as any rate. He said we didn’t seem like the type of folk of to be interested in snapping shots of tats. You just never know what interests people.





















Adam 8-28-09 - We stopped off at a local hot dog / hamburger shop in P-Town (Provincetown, Cape Cod). As I waited for the food I noticed the guy standing in line behind me. He had the most interesting look. Very distinguished with neatly trimmed beard and tats on his crossed arms. I asked if I could take his photo as I held up the camera finger on the shutter button. I almost clicked before I saw him nod. Probably good I waited for the OK as he looked like the kind of guy you didn’t want to provoke. As he waited in line I saw the color of interesting tats on his calves, one of which was a flared out deck of cards. I didn’t want to be obtrusive by taking a photo from the back side.




Guy watching a gal statue posing 8-29-09 – I click a shot of the back of a guy’s colorful calves as he stood watching a young girl posing as a statue along the walkway in P-Town. She stood on a 3 foot high narrow platform wrapped in bronze colored gold. Her face was painted the same color. She would gently close her eyes and hold that pose for many minutes.













Unknown 8-27-09 This guy was busy unloading a boat full of clam shells from today's catch. He had stopped his equipment just long enough for me to notice his tat and snap a shot of the web on his elbow.















Rosie 8-30-09 – John noticed Rosie waiting at a mail box in front of Logan Airport when he dropped us off for our ride back to Denver. She had great turquoise shoes and an interesting tat on the side of her leg. I snapped a shot of her face too. She and her friends were happy for the photo. I’m sure this is not the first time she was noticed in a crowded area.

No comments:

Post a Comment