Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tatoos are Everywhere

I'm reading a book I found at a garage sale - "Until I Find You" by John Irving. It is about a tatoo artist that travels from city to city looking for her lost love.

The book reminded me of the blog I started last August while vacationing in Cape Cod. There were so many interesting people sporting tatoos that I decided to take a few photos.

I snapped a shot of a pretty tatoo on a gal waiting at the airport. I liked her shoes as much as the tatoo.

I rode the bus one day an notice a young girl in a spaghetti strapped top with a pretty pale blue rose on her shoulder. She was thrilled that I noticed it and posed shyly while I snapped a photo.

At our polka club I met our friend's neice who had a tatoo on her ankle that was a classy as the neice.

One of the people at the polka club working in the kitchen showed me her tatoo so I could take a photo. She asked if I wanted to she the full angle with spread wings on her back. I skipped.

One of my co-workers has several tatoos that he proudly showed me. He said the one on his forearm of a gun was pretty old and had held up well. I liked the intricate one on his other are with the fine lines that had that artsy appeal.

So many people have tatoos now I would be snapping photos all the time just to capture them. So many are unattractive and some are in precarious places. I just don't get the judgement of placing tatoos on the neck. There is no way to cover those up in business meetings. I guess it depends on what business you are in.

Our friends daughter Amy was tatooed up. I took a couple of photos of her at her Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. She wore a wrap on her arms to cover them a bit, but the neck and face were out for all to see.

My nephew has a body full of tatoos. I saw the brillient colors of the fresh tatoo years ago. He had his name blazen across his chest as if he couldn't remember what it was. He said don't tell my grandma. I'm sure she knows by know.

No comments:

Post a Comment